Home Forums Identity Governance How to connect custom application

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Hasan Cokakoglu
    Participant

Hi everyone,

I am trying to connect applications such as Jenkins, Bitbucket server. “Connect to application” page of documentation is empty. Are there any other guides or articles about how to connect applications? Or do I missed a point in the documentation that already explains this?

Best regards,
    Hasan

Sagar Jujgar
    Participant

Hi everyone,

Please help me to integrate with iis applications.

Neil Herbert
    Participant

Hi Hasan,

I did take the time to reply to both you and Sagar the other day but it looks like my message hit some moderation block. Probably because I posted some external links that might have helped.

I’ve had a quick Google and both Jenkins and BitBucket support Open ID Connect (OIDC). I would suggest you search the docs for both systems for OIDC. You should then be able to follow the OpenIAM docs at https://docs.openiam.com/docs-4.2.0.9/admin/8-sso/3-oidc

—-

Hi Sagar,

I know this post by Hasan is slightly related but please post your own questions as new topics. I can imaging someone replying to Hasan’s post that isn’t helping him will be a bit frustrating.

As for your question, more information is needed for anyone to really help you. What have you tried already? What’s not working? What SSO protocol does the application you are trying to hook up support? If the application you are running doesn’t directly have any support for SSO you could take a look at installing Shibboleth onto IIS, there are a number of guides online that’ll show you how to do this. The other potential way to hook your application up is to use its API (if it has one) or a JDBC connection to it’s database and set it up as a managed system to provision users from OpenIAM.

Neil

Neil Herbert
    Participant

Hi Hasan,

You’ve mentioned 2 differnt applications. You first need to find out what sort of SSO they support and go from there. Is it SAML, OIDC or neither?

A quick Google shows me that Bitbucket Server supports OIDC https://confluence.atlassian.com/enterprise/openid-connect-for-atlassian-data-center-applications-987142159.html you can find the latest OIDC documentation for OpenIAM at https://docs.openiam.com/docs-4.2.0.9/admin/8-sso/3-oidc

As for Jenkins, it looks like there might be an OIDC plugin for Jenkins.

Sagar, I appreciate that your post is similar but please make sure you post questions or requests for help in a new topic. Hijacking someone else’s topic will give them false hope for someone giving them an answer. It’ll also help future community members to more easily find an answer if they have the same problem as you.

Unless the application being served by IIS itself has support for SSO, you’ll probably want to Google “shibboleth iis”. This should get you started with the server side of this. You can then follow the OpenIAM docs for SAML.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.