Home Forums Installation Services Not Starting

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Parsa Salavati
    Participant

I’m runnig CentOS 7.9 and tried installing community edition 4.1.14. I followed the steps here; But in the end when I run service openiam status I see this:

Openiam Status report Sat Jan  9 11:56:04 +0330 2021
    [WARNING] - openiam-esb - Service working, but  Application status: [ DOWN ]. Probably it's still starting. Please check again in few minutes
    [ERROR] - workflow - Service is not running.
    [OK] - groovy-manager - Service working. Application status: [ UP ]
    [ERROR] - idm - Service is not running.
    [OK] - reconciliation - Service working. Application status: [ UP ]
    [ERROR] - synchronization - Service is not running.
    [ERROR] - openiam-ui - Service is not running.

I checked the logs and came up empty handed as it was full of java exceptions which I didn’t know anything about.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    suneet_shah
    Keymaster

Hi Parsa

The errors seem to be related to Redis and elastic search. Can you check if they are running?

A couple of additional question:

a) When you first started the installation process, did you define the host name?
    b) Did you run “service openiam init” ?
    And did you see:

Initialize openiam
    Creating elasticsearch group… OK
    Creating elasticsearch user… OK

Parsa Salavati
    Participant

Hi, Thanks for the quick reply.
    I don’t seem to be able to post anything! Everything I post it’s either “Your Ip is from a high spam risk network” or “Message seems to be spam”. I finally managed to post an answer and now it’s invisible! Had the same problem with topic creation. (As you can see topic name is “wefsdfsd”!. It’s a nightmare….
    Anyway, I posted my answer here. I hope you can see it now.

• This reply was modified 9 months, 2 weeks ago by Parsa Salavati. Reason: You IP is from a high spam risk network
    suneet_shah
    Keymaster

Thanks for posting the logs. Looks like the initial problem was insufficient memory.
    It’s generally better to define the host as described in the docs. We find that this helps avoid some problems later when you start to work with the application. You should update this and restart the application

I would also check to see if port 80 and 8080 are open while you are testing.

Wait for a little bit and see how the containers come up.
    If you are still getting the 500 error, please share the logs for the UI.

thanks

Parsa Salavati
    Participant

Again, I can’t post in the forum. Here it is.

• This reply was modified 9 months, 2 weeks ago by Parsa Salavati. Reason: Your IP is from a high spam risk network
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    peter hofer
    Participant

Hi Would appreciate some assistance. Followed installation instructions for community OPENIAM all seems to go well , but the UI is not coming up. Waited about 20 minutes and still not up.

Have tried the install twice, with same issue using openiam_full-4.1.14-RELEASE.20201224.el7.x86_64.rpm on centos 7 (2009)

Your assistance would be appreciated.

[root@openiam ~]# service openiam status
    Openiam Status report Thu Jan 21 21:51:24 GMT 2021
    [OK] – openiam-esb – Service working. Application status: [ UP ]
    [OK] – workflow – Service working. Application status: [ UP ]
    [OK] – groovy-manager – Service working. Application status: [ UP ]
    [OK] – idm – Service working. Application status: [ UP ]
    [OK] – reconciliation – Service working. Application status: [ UP ]
    [OK] – synchronization – Service working. Application status: [ UP ]
    parse error: Invalid numeric literal at line 1, column 10
    [WARNING] – openiam-ui – Service working, but Application status: [ DOWN ]. Probably it’s still starting. Please check again in few minutes
    [root@openiam ~]#

I noticed Redis is not active

root@openiam logs]# systemctl status redis
    ● redis.service – Redis persistent key-value database
    Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/redis.service; disabled; vendor preset: disabled)
    Drop-In: /etc/systemd/system/redis.service.d
    └─limit.conf
    Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Thu 2021-01-21 22:05:17 GMT; 19s ago
    Process: 15947 ExecStart=/usr/bin/redis-server /etc/redis.conf –daemonize no (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)
    Main PID: 15947 (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)

Jan 21 22:05:17 openiam.localhost.localdomain systemd[1]: Started Redis persistent key-value database.
    Jan 21 22:05:17 openiam.localhost.localdomain systemd[1]: redis.service: main process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE
    Jan 21 22:05:17 openiam.localhost.localdomain systemd[1]: Unit redis.service entered failed state.
    Jan 21 22:05:17 openiam.localhost.localdomain systemd[1]: redis.service failed.
    [root@openiam logs]#

When I try and start get error below.

[root@openiam logs]# service redis start
    Redirecting to /bin/systemctl start redis.service
    [root@openiam logs]# systemctl status redis
    ● redis.service – Redis persistent key-value database
    Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/redis.service; disabled; vendor preset: disabled)
    Drop-In: /etc/systemd/system/redis.service.d
    └─limit.conf
    Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Thu 2021-01-21 22:05:17 GMT; 7s ago
    Process: 15947 ExecStart=/usr/bin/redis-server /etc/redis.conf –daemonize no (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)
    Main PID: 15947 (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)

Jan 21 22:05:17 openiam.localhost.localdomain systemd[1]: Started Redis persistent key-value database.
    Jan 21 22:05:17 openiam.localhost.localdomain systemd[1]: redis.service: main process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE
    Jan 21 22:05:17 openiam.localhost.localdomain systemd[1]: Unit redis.service entered failed state.
    Jan 21 22:05:17 openiam.localhost.localdomain systemd[1]: redis.service failed.
    [root@openiam logs]#
    [root@openiam logs]#

suneet_shah
    Keymaster

Hi Peter
    Can you post the number of CPUs, Memory and Disk space allocated for this VM?

thanks

peter hofer
    Participant

Hi Sunnet,

Details below thanks.

– 4 processor cores
    – 16384 MB ram
    – 30gb storage

JK
    Participant

I am getting this error after instalation completed:

“service openiam start”
    “Failed to start openiam.service: Unit not found”

JK
    Participant

RAM: 16 GB
    HDD: 200 GB
    CPU: 4

suneet_shah
    Keymaster

Hi Jayesh,

Based on your previous post, you are using 4.2.0.7
    Please follow the minimum requirement in the docs. You should have use a VM with 32GB of RAM + 8 vCPUS

The HDD space is fine.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.