Case Study: CIAM in Insurance
- Support all users that have purchased a policy – this can include employees, external users who are consumers and corporate clients
- Scale to support millions of users
- Support self-registration with validation against an internal API
- Allow external users to authenticate against the IAM system while employees can SSO using the corporate identity provider (IdP)
- SSO to core business applications such as Guidewire
- Self-service forgot password functionality
- Help desk role to allow help desk staff to manage support questions
- Impersonation functionality for the help desk staff
- Audit and the ability to export audit events to a central system
- External users: These types of users would register using the self-registration page. The out-of-the-box self-registration functionality was used with the integrated workflow engine to validate the user’s information against an internal API to confirm identity, policy numbers, etc. Upon successful validation of this information, the user accounts were provisioned into the system..
- Internal employees: These users had the option to use the self-registration page or they could use the just-in-time provisioning feature with SAML if they federate into the portal. In this case, the SAML request included attributes that were needed by the validation process.
Self-service password reset
Managing identity can be complex. Let OpenIAM simplify how you manage all of your identities from a converged modern platform hosted on-premises or in the cloud.
For 15 years, OpenIAM has been helping mid to large enterprises globally improve security and end user satisfaction while lowering operational costs.