ADMIN magazine recently published a write-up on implementing centralized user management with OpenIAM.
OpenIAM, next generation identity governance, web access management, MFA and CIAM platform, announced today that it is participating in the launch of Professional Services in AWS Marketplace. Amazon Web Services (AWS) customers can now find and purchase Identity and Access Management (IAM) professional services from OpenIAM in AWS Marketplace, a curated digital catalog of software, data, and services that makes it easy to find, test, buy, and deploy software and data products that run on AWS. As a participant in the launch, OpenIAM is one of the first independent software vendors to quote and contract services in AWS Marketplace to help customers implement, support, and manage their software on AWS. OpenIAM offers the following listings in AWS Marketplace:
- IAM Assessment Service: https://aws.amazon.com/marketplace/pp/prodview-vin35objhl3fi
- OpenIAM IAM Proof of Concept (PoC): https://aws.amazon.com/marketplace/pp/prodview-erymohcqnhube
- IGA Jump Start: https://aws.amazon.com/marketplace/pp/prodview-u4c4gqd2opjgw
- CIAM Jump Start:
As organizations migrate to the cloud, they want to use their preferred software solutions on AWS. AWS customers often rely on professional services from OpenIAM to implement, support, and manage their IAM software in the cloud. Until now, AWS customers had to find and contract professional services outside of AWS Marketplace and could not identify software and associated services in a single procurement experience. With professional services from OpenIAM available in AWS Marketplace, customers have a simplified way to purchase and be billed for both software and related services in a centralized place. Customers can further streamline their purchase of software with standard contract terms to simplify and accelerate procurement cycles.
“OpenIAM is pleased to be a part of the launch of professional services in AWS Marketplace,” said Ameet Shah, VP of Marketing, OpenIAM. “We look forward to simplifying the customer experience by offering our Identity and Access Management platform and associated professional services from one centralized location.”
The latest commercial version of OpenIAM’s fully integrated next-gen, IAM platform features new capabilities for Customer IAM (CIAM), strong authentication, audit & compliance, and user life cycle for the mid to large enterprise with DevOps tools to simplify both on-premise and cloud deployments.
This new release builds upon the previous edition by providing customers with new deployment options and greater capabilities for authentication, auditing & compliance, and user life cycle management. The underlying architecture of the IAM platform has been optimized for performance and scalability.
Some of the new features in Enterprise Edition 2020 include:
- Adaptive authentication: Enables organizations to improve security related to authentication by defining complex authentication workflows which can incorporate a variety of factors such as geolocation, roles, devices, etc.
- Social login and registration: Allows end-users to authenticate using their social identities. Social registration enables dynamic registration where the configured attributes can be obtained from the social site, resulting in a simplified user experience.
- Mobile MFA with push notification: iOS and Droid applications which can be used by customers to both improve security and better the end user experience.
- User access certification: Comprehensive access certification solution which provides organizations with the ability to configure both ad-hoc and regularly scheduled user access certification campaigns. Access certifications can be performed on both on-premise and cloud applications and provides for closed-loop remediation, dashboard to monitor progress and reports for auditors.
- Improved user life cycle workflow templates which now support SLAs and escalations
- Improved orphan management: User interface simplifies the effort to identify and manage orphaned accounts.
- Group governance: Allows customers to easily manage the creation, memberships and certifications related to groups.
- DevOps: Support deployments using RPM files, Docker Swarm and Kubernetes. Terraform scripts have been provided to largely automate complex multi-node deployments both on-premise and in the cloud.
- Monitoring – out of the box platform monitoring provides information on uptime, utilization, error and configurable alerts.
For more information on the new features of OpenIAM Enterprise Edition 2020, please join our webinars.
OpenIAM will be exhibiting at RSA Conference 2020 in San Francisco at booth #3120. We look forward to meeting you for questions and product demos.
The latest release by OpenIAM adds support for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8 and continues to extend its scalable microservices based solution
OpenIAM LLC, has announced the release of Identity and Access Management Platform version 4.1.6 today. This release adds new features such as:
- Desktop SSO
- SMS based Authentication (MFA)
- Customer Identity Management (CIAM) extensions to the Self-Service portal
- New connectors, including a SCIM connector, to integrate with a larger number of SaaS and enterprise applications
- Multi-protocol adapter to extend integration options with source systems.
Customers can deploy OpenIAM either on-premise using containers via Docker or RPM file. Customers can also use the fully managed IdaaS solution offered by OpenIAM. OpenIAM was one of the first IAM vendors to offer a fully containerized solution and has major organizations in production taking advantage of these technologies. The platform has been validated for deployment on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8.
Stefanie Chiras, vice president and general manager, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Red Hat
“Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8 presents IT organizations with a keystone for driving open hybrid cloud deployments, with these implementations often driven by Red Hat’s partner ecosystem. We’re pleased to collaborate with OpenIAM around the launch of Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8 and look forward to working with them as we help enterprises around the world pursue hybrid cloud and digital transformation efforts.”
“OpenIAM’s customers, which are some of the largest commercial and government organizations in the world, demand a secure, mature, and scalable infrastructure for their deployments,” says Ameet Shah, Chief Marketing Officer of OpenIAM. “For over a decade, many of them have been deploying on Red Hat Enterprise Linux. We are pleased to take advantage of this latest version and continue our commitment to this platform and extend our solution to take advantage of the new functionality in Red Hat Enterprise Linux.”
About OpenIAM, LLC
OpenIAM provides a fully integrated Identity and Access Management platform which is being used by some of the largest companies in the world across a variety of industries including government, financial services, telecommunications, education, healthcare, manufacturing, publishing and retail. Since the company’s inception in 2008, the entire stack has been built in-house and provides customers with technology that will grow with their changing needs by enabling the addition of components to the integrated platform, allowing users to see one unified IAM solution versus a collection of disparate products. OpenIAM is headquartered in New York.
Red Hat and Red Hat Enterprise Linux are trademarks or registered trademarks of Red Hat, Inc. or its subsidiaries in the U.S. and other countries. Linux® is the registered trademark of Linus Torvalds in the U.S. and other countries.
OpenIAM Releases Identity Governance and Web Access Management Platform for Higher Education Institutions
For colleges and universities, OpenIAM introduces an industry-specific IAM solution for students and faculty which incorporates technologies such as Docker and Identity-as-a-Service (IDaaS).
CORTLANDT MANOR, N.Y.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--OpenIAM, LLC announces the release of a fully featured Identity Governance and Web Access Management (IAM) platform for higher education institutions. With this new, industry-specific solution, colleges and universities can take advantage of special pricing while leveraging the benefits of a comprehensive IAM stack, including options to deploy on-premise through Docker containers or as part of a cloud IDaaS solution.
OpenIAM for Higher Education includes:
- Password Reset with both SMS and email-based one-time tokens
- Self-service portal with SSO and profile management
- Synchronization from source systems
- Reconciliation functionality
- Account Claim functionality
- SMS-based OTP
- Adaptive authentication
- Extensive REST and SOAP API
- Out-of-the-box connectors for:
- AD, Azure AD, Office 365, Google Suite, LDAP, Linux, RDBMS, CSV, and more
Additionally, OpenIAM offers a migration program from legacy or abandoned IAM products for education.
OpenIAM will be exhibiting at the RSA Conference in San Francisco from March 5-7.
We will be exhibiting at the RSA Conference in San Francisco in March, and welcome the opportunity to meet you in person for questions and on-site demos.
OpenIAM v4.1 provides organizations with a feature complete IAM platform which leverages modern technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, Elasticsearch and Redis to provide a user-friendly, small footprint solution which is currently in production at mid to large enterprises globally.
Cortlandt Manor, New York: OpenIAM LLC, announces a major new release of its Identity Governance and Web Access Management (IAM) platform. This release provides customers with an IAM stack which includes user life cycle management, unified Self-Service Portal, browser-based administration tools, workflow engine, a rich library of connectors, and out-of-the-box strong authentication via One Time Password (OTP). The overall solution helps organizations reduce operational costs, improve end user efficiency, strengthen security and enable compliance with regulatory mandates such as CFAR and GDPR.
The OpenIAM Self-Service Portal provides end users with a broad range of functionality including Single Sign-On, workflow-based request approval, and Self-Service Forgot Password functionality. Out-of-the-box OTP (One Time Password) via SMS and mobile applications for iOS and Android can be configured to improve security for access into OpenIAM and sensitive applications.
Rapid configuration tools combined with a rich catalog of application connectors enables shorter implementation cycles. The connector library includes widely adopted enterprise technologies such as Microsoft’s Active Directory, Office365, Salesforce.com, SAP, Oracle EBS and many more.
Full support for containers simplifies operational tasks related to installation and patching/upgrades by reducing the effort to a series of commands which can be carried out in minutes and not hours as is often the case with IAM solutions.